Announcing 2018 HECA Conference Registration Timeline
- Early Bird registration opens March 2 at 12:00 noon EST/9:00 am PST, and runs through March 31. Member rate is $495 and non-member rate is $595.
- Regular registration runs April 1-May 11, 2018. Member rate is $570 and non-member rate is $670.
- College Tours registration opens March 2 at 12:05 pm EST/9:05 am PST. You must register for the conference before registering for the tours.
Professional Development Institute registration open
Pre-Conference (1 day) Tours: June 11
Post-Conference (2 day) Tours: June 14-15
- Oklahoma Surrey Ride: Austin College, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, University of Tulsa (ends in Tulsa)
- San Antonio Fiesta: Southwestern University, Trinity University, University of Texas, Austin, St. Edwards University (ends in San Antonio)
- Houston Hustle: Baylor University, Texas A&M University, Rice University, University of Houston (ends in Houston, drop offs at both airports, see event details for specific times )
Join us in Dallas, Texas for the 2018 annual HECA Conference!
We are excited to welcome you to Texas, where “the stars at night, are big and bright…” Texas is home to nearly 26.5 million people, scores of colleges and universities, and HECA members eager to greet you with Texas hospitality.
From its humble beginnings on the banks of the Trinity river in 1841, Texas’s third largest city is known as a vibrant hub of sports, culture, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
While at the conference, visit multiple universities in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. You will find easy access to Dallas via two airports: DFW, the largest airport in the U.S., and Love Field, which is closer to the conference venue.
Our 2018 conference, Deep in the Heart of HECA, will take place at the Intercontinental Dallas, located in Addison, Texas. The hotel is located close to many of the best Dallas, Texas attractions such as the Dallas convention center, Dallas Museum of Art, and AT&T Stadium home of the Dallas Cowboys. One of the top hotels near Galleria Dallas, the hotel’s courtesy shuttle services makes it easy to enjoy a memorable shopping outing.
We will kick off the conference with a welcome reception featuring accents from the neighbor city of Fort Worth. The keynote address will be presented by Dr. Patrick O'Connor, a past president of the National Association for College Admission Counseling, and a Field School Ambassador Fellow for the US Department of Education. His topic is "The Science of College Admission-- What College Access Research Tells Us About How to Help our Students".
After two full days of “sittin” in sessions, we will close down the conference on a local university campus in true Dallas style. Then, bring your boots….. and be prepared to “boot, scoot, & boogie” at the hotel after party. Never been in a line dance? Come on and learn!