Professional College Planning Assistance From HECA Members
When you choose a member of the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) for assistance with college planning, you'll work with an educational consultant who is:
- Focused on helping your child succeed. The Higher Education Consultants Association is first and foremost dedicated to the needs and dreams of students. Our members view each student they work with as an individual, with unique talents, interests, and goals, and they will strive to help your child realize his or her college aspirations.
- Experienced with assisting families with college planning. To be eligible to join HECA, consultants must have the training and experience necessary to provide knowledgeable and professional college planning assistance to students and parents. Learn more about our membership eligibility requirements.
- Dedicated to upholding ethics and professional standards. All of our members agree to abide by HECA's Member Standards and Ethics Statement in their work with students and parents. These professional standards are based on four core values: sound advice, integrity, respect, and confidentiality. By joining HECA, our members demonstrate their commitment to upholding these professional standards in their practices.
- Committed to keeping abreast of ever-evolving trends in college admissions. HECA member consultants are expected to continue their professional development by participating in college tours, professional conferences, and HECA-sponsored professional development programs. Learn more about HECA's professional development expectations for members.
- Connected to a network of professional college consultants. HECA members are able to network with HECA members throughout the U.S. and around the world, which means they can often provide students and parents with deeper insights into a wider range of college options.
Looking for an educational consultant? Start with Find A Consultant.