Are You Eligible For HECA Membership?
The Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) is a professional association for college admissions consultants. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, but all share a dedication to providing professional and ethical service to the families they serve.
HECA Membership dues are $200 annually.
To be eligible to join HECA, you must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited, not-for-profit college or university.
- Demonstrate experience:
- As an educational consultant, or
- As a high school counselor or college admissions officer with the intent of becoming an independent educational consultant, or
- By providing proof of enrollment in a college counseling certificate program with intent to complete.
- Have attended one or more professional college admissions conference within the last 18 months, and a minimum of 10 college visits within the last 18 months.
- Commit to ongoing professional development through attendance at conferences, workshops and through visits to college and university campuses.
- Agree to abide by HECA's member Standards and Ethics Statement (Note: you will be asked to agree to these when you apply for membership).
- Attend HECA's new member orientation within a year of joining. Once you're approved for membership, you may satisfy this requirement at HECA's annual conference, or by attending an online new member orientation session.
If you believe you are eligible for membership in HECA, the next step in applying for membership is to review HECA's expectations for members.