HECA Membership Application Instructions
We look forward to receiving your application for membership in the Higher Education Consultants Association.
The application process is entirely online. Please note: The individual applying for membership must complete the application personally; the application may not be completed by another person on the behalf of the prospective member.
Annual HECA Membership Dues are $200. Our membership year runs from March 1 to February 28(9). You may apply for membership at any time, but we do not pro-rate membership dues for those joining late in the year.
Please take a moment to review the important information about the application process below before you start your application.
Before you begin your application:
- If you have not already done so, review our membership eligibilty requirements, our expectations for membership and HECA's member Standards and Ethics Statement before you begin the application. You will be asked several questions about these items in your application.
- Gather information about your professional experience, education, and consulting practice.
- Write a brief (150 characters or less) description of your practice to include on your application.
- You will need your credit card to pay your membership dues at the end of the application.
- You will have 15 minutes to complete your application after you begin.
- The application must be completed and submitted online. We do not offer paper applications.
- We recommend that you use one of the following Internet browsers to complete and submit your application: Internet Explorer 7 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 3.6 (Win)/8.0(Mac) or higher. Safari 5.0.5+ and Chrome 15+ should also work. The application currently cannot be completed on cell phone or other mobile devices.
Membership Dues and the Membership Approval Process:
- Membership dues are $200 annually. You will be asked to pay your dues for the coming membership year online by credit card when you submit your application. If you are not accepted for membership, this amount will be refunded.
- You may apply for membership at any time during the year, but your membership dues will only cover the current membership year. Our membership year runs from March 1 to February 28(9).
- The name and address you use in your application must match the name and address of the credit card you use to pay your membership dues.
- After your application is received, it will take approximately 10 to 14 days for our membership committee to review and approve your membership. Our membership chairperson will email you when a decision on your application has been made.
- If you have questions, email HECA's membership chair at Membership@HECAonline.org.
HECA Membership Application